Table of Contents
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC CPO SI 2023 Syllabus examination to recruit eligible candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspectors in various Central Government Police Organizations. Aspiring candidates who wish to pursue a career in law enforcement and contribute to the safety and security of the nation can appear for the SSC CPO SI 2023 examination.
Overview of SSC CPO SI 2023
The SSC CPO SI 2023 examination consists of two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is an objective type paper, while Paper II is a descriptive paper. Candidates who qualify in Paper I are eligible to appear for Paper II. Let’s delve into the detailed syllabus for each paper.
SSC CPO SI 2023 Syllabus for Paper I
General Intelligence and Reasoning
This section aims to assess the candidate’s logical and analytical abilities. It includes topics such as:
- Similarities and Differences
- Spatial Visualization
- Spatial Orientation
- Visual Memory
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Verbal and Figure Classification
- Arithmetical Number Series
- Non-Verbal Series
General Knowledge and General Awareness
In this section, candidates’ awareness of the world around them is evaluated. Key topics include:
- Current Events
- India and its neighboring countries
- Economic Scene
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
- Scientific Research
This section tests the candidate’s mathematical prowess and problem-solving skills. It includes topics like:
- Whole Numbers
- Decimals and Fractions
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Statistical Charts
Candidates’ understanding of the English language and their ability to comprehend passages are evaluated in this section. The topics covered are:
- Comprehension Passage
- English Grammar
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Active and Passive Voice
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Sentence Correction
SSC CPO SI 2023 Syllabus for Paper II
English Language & Comprehension
This paper assesses candidates’ command over the English language and their ability to write essays, précis, application letters, and other communication-related tasks.
Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET)
Candidates who qualify in Paper I and Paper II are called for the PST and PET. This test evaluates candidates’ physical fitness based on specific parameters such as height, chest measurements, and endurance tests.
Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
After successfully clearing the PST and PET, candidates undergo a DME to ensure they meet the required medical standards as per the guidelines set by SSC.
Important Tips for Preparation
Preparing for the SSC CPO SI 2023 examination requires strategic planning and dedication. Here are some essential tips to excel in the exam:
Creating a Study Plan
Develop a well-structured study plan that covers all the topics in the syllabus. Allocate sufficient time for each subject and prioritize areas where you need more practice.
Practicing with Mock Tests
Regularly attempt mock tests and previous year’s question papers to understand the exam pattern, identify weak areas, and improve time management.
Revision and Time Management
Regular revision is crucial to retaining information. Also, practice time management during the exam to ensure you attempt all questions within the given time frame.
The SSC CPO SI 2023 syllabus covers a wide range of subjects, from general knowledge to reasoning and physical fitness. Aspirants should focus on a consistent and comprehensive study plan to excel in this competitive examination.
- Q: When will the SSC CPO SI 2023 examination be conducted?
- A: The exact dates for the examination will be announced by SSC on their official website.
- Q: Can candidates apply for both Paper I and Paper II simultaneously?
- A: No, candidates need to qualify in Paper I to be eligible for Paper II.
- Q: Is there any negative marking in the SSC CPO SI 2023 examination?
- A: Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer in Paper I.
- Q: What is the minimum educational qualification required for SSC CPO SI 2023?
- A: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university to be eligible for the examination.
- Q: Are there any restrictions on the number of attempts for SSC CPO SI 2023?
- A: No, there are no restrictions on the number of attempts, as long as the candidate meets the eligibility criteria.